Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Error log when running my EuGENia files on a different machine
Error log when running my EuGENia files on a different machine [message #1827702] Thu, 21 May 2020 05:55 Go to next message
Clever Alves is currently offline Clever AlvesFriend
Hi there!

I've developed a modelling workbench using EuGENia and everything works fine when I run my .eugenia folder as an Eclipse Application from the Eclipse workbench of my machine A.

However, when I load the same set of folders on another machine (machine B) and try to do the same as above, it doesn't work out, as per the attached error log file.

I may be missing some Eclipse configuration or installation on my machine B...Could anyone please help me figure out a solution to this problem?

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,

Clever.
Re: Error log when running my EuGENia files on a different machine [message #1827706 is a reply to message #1827702] Thu, 21 May 2020 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Clever,

Looking at the root exception in the log file ("java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.swt.SWTError") I doubt that this is a problem with your editor. If you close or delete your editor plugin projects from the Eclipse instance in machine B, can you run a nested Eclipse instance from it?

Thanks,
Dimitris
Error log when running my EuGENia files on a different machine [message #1827730 is a reply to message #1827706] Thu, 21 May 2020 22:32 Go to previous message
Clever Alves is currently offline Clever AlvesFriend
Thank you for your reply, Prof. Dimitris!

Quote:
Looking at the root exception in the log file ("java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.eclipse.swt.SWTError") I doubt that this is a problem with your editor.

Yeah, I'm completely sure it's an Eclipse configuration or installation matter.

Quote:
If you close or delete your editor plugin projects from the Eclipse instance in machine B, can you run a nested Eclipse instance from it?

Well, indeed, I don't even manage to move from machine B's Eclipse workspace (where my .eugenia folder et al. are) to machine B's Eclipse runtime instance (where my editor should be): the launching process stops due to the errors...

Regards,

Clever.
Previous Topic:T2M
Next Topic:Check consistency - multi domain
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:42:14 GMT 2024