Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Installation error(Error message on installation)
Installation error [message #1827577] Mon, 18 May 2020 16:14 Go to next message
Marina Herold is currently offline Marina HeroldFriend
I receive the following message on trying to open Eclipse after installation (see atachment):
A Java Runtime Environment (JRE) or Java Development Kit (JDK) must be available in order to run Eclipse. No virtual locations. C:\APPDESIGN\eclipse\jre\bin\javaw.exe javaw.exe in your current PATH

Please can you assist me to get the software running.

Thank you
Re: Installation error [message #1827586 is a reply to message #1827577] Mon, 18 May 2020 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Jettison the installation.

Go to Oracle Java pages and get and install Java SE JDK 8 or 11 (not 14). There are instructions on Oracle pages.

Get the Eclipse installer from the Eclipse pages, unzip it and run it to install the Eclipse you like.

--

Tauno Voipio

[Updated on: Mon, 18 May 2020 18:17]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Installation error [message #1827593 is a reply to message #1827586] Tue, 19 May 2020 01:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

If you can, in the future, attach images directly to your post instead of embedding them in another document format. You're only making it harder for people to see them.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Re: Installation error [message #1827628 is a reply to message #1827586] Tue, 19 May 2020 14:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marina Herold is currently offline Marina HeroldFriend
Hi

I am having problems installing AppInventor.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday I received the following advice .....

Subject: Re: Installation error Author: Tauno Voipio Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 21:17
Jettison the installation.

Go to Oracle Java pages and get and install Java SE JDK 8 or 11 (not 14). There are instructions on Oracle pages.

Get the Eclipse installer from the Eclipse pages, unzip it and use it to install the Eclipse you like.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I have now installed Java SE JDK 11. I then rebooted, downloaded AppInventor again, rebooted .... but can't get this program installed. It keeps on putting out an error message that I don't have administrator rights etc.

I really, really would appreciate some help here. I need this app for an assignment and have tried everything I can think of, including searching the internet for troubleshooting ideas.

Marina

Re: Installation error [message #1827660 is a reply to message #1827628] Wed, 20 May 2020 07:26 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
What exactly is "AppInventor" and from where are you downloading it?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Install with no links or icons
Next Topic:Scene builder library empty
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 04:25:06 GMT 2024