Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » How to run my class from within Eclipse IDE?
How to run my class from within Eclipse IDE? [message #1826066] Sat, 18 April 2020 06:13 Go to next message
Tom Alphanso is currently offline Tom AlphansoFriend
I have created a class just to test out some basic Apex functions. I have one method within which I test out the functions. I also have a static method in which I create an instance of my class & from this instance call the method (within which my functions exist). I have no SQL updates & do not want to interact with any stored objects (I just want to get familair with functions so I'm giving dummy string values etc...)

My code compiles correctly so that is all good. I'm wondering though how I can I then run the class to test what happens. I have some System.debug functions used & I'd like to see the output. As I am developing this on my sandbox it is not for production use.

If I click on "Run" from the Force.Com IDE menu it then has option for "External Tools", In which there are options for "Run As", "External Tools Configurations", and "Organize Favourites". The "Run As" option's sub option is greyed out.

As I have no DB interactions & no requirement to interact with any objects I don't think I need to use a trigger to invoke my class (from reading the documentation triggers seem to interact with DB calls). Other class invoking options I see are to use a Scheduler, Anonymous Blocks or AJAX.

If running a similiar Java application/program in eclipse I'd just choose Run As -> Java Application.

i guess this may be due to my lack of familiarity with cloud based development, but how do I actually run my application to see the output?

Any suggestions would be welcome & apologies for my lack of understanding on this (even after reading the docs). May be someone might have asked the same question here but i want the response from the concerned person/professional.

Thanks in Advance!
Re: How to run my class from within Eclipse IDE? [message #1826146 is a reply to message #1826066] Mon, 20 April 2020 08:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Tom,

This forum is for messages related to the Epsilon project (eclipse.org/epsilon). Did you mean to post your question to a different Eclipse forum [1] instead?

Thanks,
Dimitris

[1] https://www.eclipse.org/forums/
Re: How to run my class from within Eclipse IDE? [message #1827484 is a reply to message #1826066] Fri, 15 May 2020 14:22 Go to previous message
Nitin Dahyabhai is currently offline Nitin DahyabhaiFriend

You'll want to go through the Force.com IDE's support and forum mechanisms to ask about this. Tools for the Apex language are not provided by eclipse.org.

_
Nitin Dahyabhai
Eclipse Web Tools Platform
Previous Topic:Automatic Generation of graphical notation for Ecore model
Next Topic:T2M
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:49:36 GMT 2024