Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Double Click tool not working on layer
Double Click tool not working on layer [message #1824505] Thu, 16 April 2020 14:21 Go to next message
Avi Shaked is currently offline Avi ShakedFriend
Hi,

I implemented a diagram with several layers, and wish to map two DIFFERENT double click tools to the same element representation - one tool in each layer.
The layers are add-on layers (not the deafult layer), and yet it is technically impossible to associate the two tools with the same representation (adding the mapping in one tool removes the mapping associated with the other tool in another layer).

Is this a bug?

Regardless, is there a way to bypass this restriction?

Regards,
Avi
Re: Double Click tool not working on layer [message #1826567 is a reply to message #1824505] Mon, 27 April 2020 08:31 Go to previous message
Steve Monnier is currently offline Steve MonnierFriend
Hello,

Indeed, this looks like a limitation of the double click tool, I see no reason a mapping couldn't be associated with several double click tool. You can create a new bugzilla and file it as an enhancement. However, I can't tell you when we will work on it.

I think the easiest solution to bypass the issue, is to have a single double click tool in the default layer. In the tool, you have as many "if" model operation has you wanted double click tools. In the "if" you use the variable "elementView" (probably easier with a java service) in order to check if the layer is active or not.
Otherwise, you can have a custom style [1], implement your own Edit Part that will have a listener that reacts on double click.

Best regards,
Steve
[1] https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/developer/extensions-provide_custom_style.html

Steve Monnier - Obeo Canada
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Previous Topic:Exporting models and representation to HTML
Next Topic:Independent Diagram Use Case
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 00:53:59 GMT 2024