Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » View Build Output Parser Results
View Build Output Parser Results [message #1824149] Wed, 08 April 2020 15:53 Go to next message
Julian Heni is currently offline Julian HeniFriend
Hey guys,
I'm using Cmake to build my project on eclipse cdt 12-2019.
We are compiling with gcc 9.2.1 at the moment

My build cmd looks like this

[ 65%] Building CXX object dummy.cpp.obj
	cd C:/xxx/gcc-9.2.1/DummyDir && C:/toolchains/arm-none-eabi-gcc-9.2.1/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++.exe   
-IC:/.... 
-mcpu=cortex-m4 -mthumb -DCPU_MK64FN1M0VLL12 -DPLATFORM_CORTEXM4 -fomit-frame-pointer 
-ffunction-sections -fdata-sections  -Wall -fno-strict-aliasing -Wshadow -DPROFILE_CUSTOM -DUSB_SUPPORT_HIGH_SPEED=0 -g 
-gdwarf-2 -DDEBUG=1 -DOS_LIBMODE_DP -Og -fno-rtti -gdwarf-2 -std=c++17 -fpermissive -DDEBUG -g -o CMakeFiles/dummy.cpp.obj -c C:/dummy.cpp

I modified the output parser to look for g++.exe
However I'm not sure if it worked. Where can i see what Indexes have been recorded?

Thx for your help :)
Re: View Build Output Parser Results [message #1824218 is a reply to message #1824149] Fri, 10 April 2020 01:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
David VavraFriend
The Build Output parser doesn't record indexes.
It scans the build log looking for include paths and macro declarations on the command line (-I and -D flags)
It makes these available to the Indexer under
Project --> Properties --> C/C++ General --> Preprocessor Include Paths, Macros etc. --> Entries tab --> Build Output Parser
Re: View Build Output Parser Results [message #1824341 is a reply to message #1824218] Tue, 14 April 2020 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Julian Heni is currently offline Julian HeniFriend
thx for your answer :)
unfortunately this list is empty as suspected :O

why is g++.exe not recognised by (g\+\+) ?Is something wrong with my syntax here?
Re: View Build Output Parser Results [message #1824387 is a reply to message #1824341] Tue, 14 April 2020 16:45 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
Don't know.
There doesn't seem to be any way to see what it's doing.
The default pattern is: (g?cc)|([gc]\+\+)|(clang)
Which would find:

• cc
  • gcc
  • g++
  • c++
  • clang

I would think the default would work with your log output but then I'm not sure how the pattern is actually used.
Maybe the path specification on the command line is confusing it but can't say for sure.

You might want to try a Perl script to test the pattern.

Something may be blocking the parser from running but I don't know what that would be.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 April 2020 16:50]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:proc files and Eclipse 2020-03
Next Topic:GDB error in Eclipse
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 08:27:00 GMT 2024