Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Oomph » Follow references in P2 task
Follow references in P2 task [message #1824137] Wed, 08 April 2020 13:02 Go to next message
Sina MadaniFriend
Hi,

How can I set P2 Director to follow references in update sites? I don't want to duplicate them in the setup file if possible. I read that it's possible to do this, but how?

Thanks.
Re: Follow references in P2 task [message #1824150 is a reply to message #1824137] Wed, 08 April 2020 15:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I think I was pretty clear on https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=561858 that the p2 task does not follow references. It's also clear that even if it did, your sites would not work likely because you've been copying sites from one place to another such that the mirror URLs are bogus. So why raise a question here when the topic is already in a Bugzilla? It's not as if I'll give a different answer here than on the Bugzilla. Also keep in mind that no one is actually obligated to fix any problem you report nor even to help for that matter. Of course I try to help, but after spending the better part of a day on it, I must focus my priorities on other things.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Follow references in P2 task [message #1824152 is a reply to message #1824150] Wed, 08 April 2020 17:07 Go to previous message
Sina MadaniFriend
Hi Ed,
Thanks again for your time and effort. I got the impression that it was possible, but not enabled by default. So I have my answer now: update sites providing dependencies must be explicitly declared in Oomph P2 tasks, unless the repo is a composite and contains the dependencies as children (also for future readers, repository reference in compositeContent are not supported, as mentioned in the Bugzilla). That's all I was asking. Apologies for any confusion or misunderstanding.
Previous Topic:Lock git repo url via configuration
Next Topic:Installation failed with an error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 17:59:04 GMT 2024