Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » 2020-03 Release Report Developers(Binding Column Alias names from multiple TSV flat files into a single chart)
2020-03 Release Report Developers [message #1823982] Mon, 06 April 2020 04:05 Go to next message
david moran is currently offline david moranFriend
A couple questions on the new 2020-03 release.
i didn't see any 'other product' options/versions for Report developers in the new 2020-03 release downloads..

I use the Eclipse Neon IDE for Report Developers 4.6.0.
Build 20160613-1800

1) my usage is limited to the offerings of system GUI/Menu options.

Background - i am having trouble binding data columns from several dataset source TSV flat files into a single bar chart. since the column names are the same in all 3 source files, the results after following the regular binding methods, ended with the data columns from the last file, being adapted for all 3 of the individually created chart series.
i attempted many iterations, of alias and display names to make each column from the separate files uniquely named, and the program accepts these, and appears to be properly handled..
however when i execute the Web Viewer or the PDF viewer,
exceptions are thrown that the column name (Alias name) does nor exist in the dataset and halts the report generation.

now Questions:

1) Does the 2020-03 release (windows 64) include the Report Developer's functionality?

2) If not - is there a release of Eclipse for Report Developers that addresses the issues of the column Alias naming , you can point me to?

3) if the 2020-03 release does incorporate the Report Development workflow and (hopefully) addresses these issues, what can i expect for backward compatibility with the .rptdesign files created under Neon?

Thank yo in advance,
David
Re: 2020-03 Release Report Developers [message #1823983 is a reply to message #1823982] Mon, 06 April 2020 05:14 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
The Report Developers product was dropped because the developers are no longer producing new builds for it, i.e., no build since Photon. You can ask why that is on the BIRT forum:

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php/f/2/

But the bottom line is that when no one supports free things, eventually those free things can disappear. It's not as if the millions of people downloading/installing each release flock to donate a single penny:

https://www.eclipse.org/donate/ide/?scope=Eclipse.org&campaign=2020-03

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Installation Problem
Next Topic:Eclipse Upgrade fails on OpenJDK
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 04:42:18 GMT 2024