Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » JVM shared library does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol
JVM shared library does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol [message #1823974] Sun, 05 April 2020 21:26 Go to next message
Jesse Melendez is currently offline Jesse MelendezFriend
i have installed Papyrus 4.7 on the Mac, OS version Mojave(10.14.6), and when I try to launch it I get the following error:

"The JVM shared library "/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_172.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/../jre/lib/server/libjvm.dylib"
does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol."

I have googled and searched on this forum(for about 3 hours). I have tried to the change to '-vm" value in the info.plist and it still does not work.

I have tried it on another machine, and a few teammates have tried as well. Same issue. Does anyone run Papyrus on the mac? Does this even get tested before release? I found it mind boggling that this does not work on any machine that i have tried, not anyone of my teammate's machines.

Note, that I installed the latest Eclipse and it does launch just fine.

So, does anyone know what is going on here?

Thanks,
Jesse
Re: JVM shared library does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol [message #1823986 is a reply to message #1823974] Mon, 06 April 2020 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jb tw is currently offline jb twFriend
I run papyrus also on OSX. but I think on osx i have still 4.5 and as second i use openjdk from homebrew
maybe i can test it tonight

[Updated on: Mon, 06 April 2020 06:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JVM shared library does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol [message #1824032 is a reply to message #1823986] Mon, 06 April 2020 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jb tw is currently offline jb twFriend
I have checked it
Current papyrus 4.7.0 works at: OSX 10.11.6
Homebrew installed and i use the java cask (See: https://formulae.brew.sh/cask/java#default)
Re: JVM shared library does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol [message #1824033 is a reply to message #1824032] Mon, 06 April 2020 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jesse Melendez is currently offline Jesse MelendezFriend
Thanks Jb Tw.

I will try it the way you installed it.

I do have kind of a workaround. I installed the full Eclipse, then installed Papyrus in there. It runs within Eclipse and no issues actually running Eclipse. I would think I would get the same error. I assume that Papyrus is based on a different version of Eclipse.
Re: JVM shared library does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol [message #1836137 is a reply to message #1824033] Tue, 22 December 2020 11:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nimo mayr is currently offline nimo mayrFriend
I also have exact the same problem with "2020-12 release (5.0.0)" on Mac OS.

"The JVM shared library "/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk-12.jdk/Contents/Home/bin/../jre/lib/server/libjvm.dylib"
does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol."

With older versions of papyrus (2019-03) it works without this problem. I also have a seperate eclipse installation of the current release which also runs without problems. So it may be that anything is wrong with the Papyrus RPC settings? I have also tried to explicitly set the jvm path in both papyrus.ini and info.plist with no success. Anyone knows how to solve this issue?

[Updated on: Tue, 22 December 2020 11:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: JVM shared library does not contain the JNI_CreateJavaVM symbol [message #1836139 is a reply to message #1836137] Tue, 22 December 2020 11:34 Go to previous message
nimo mayr is currently offline nimo mayrFriend
Ok it now works, I added jvm path to info.plist. After adding, you must close the finder, then start papyrus.
Previous Topic:Eclipse 2020-12 Released, is papyrus as well?
Next Topic:Moving a Use case creates unwanted elements - for you too?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jan 23 05:22:20 GMT 2021