Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » External Java Action Create Viewpoint Project(External Java Action Create Viewpoint Project)
External Java Action Create Viewpoint Project [message #1823316] Tue, 24 March 2020 19:33 Go to next message
Antonio Garmendia is currently offline Antonio GarmendiaFriend
Hi,

In my odesign I define a Popup Menu and within it an External Java Action. This action only creates a Viewpoint Specification Project programmatically using ViewpointSpecificationProject.createNewViewpointSpecificationProject. In the current diagram, I currently show one element and this element disappears, when the user clicks the action that calls this external java action. So, after this action finish, I get an empty diagram.

I really don't understand this behaviour. I have tried to debut but nothing. Any hints?

I am using Eclipse Photon (4.8) and Sirius (6.0.2)

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Anthony
Re: External Java Action Create Viewpoint Project [message #1823346 is a reply to message #1823316] Wed, 25 March 2020 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre-Charles David is currently offline Pierre-Charles DavidFriend
Hi,

It's difficult to be sure, but one possible explanation would be that the new Viewpoint Specification Project your created defines a Viewpoint and Diagram with the same name as the one you are currently using. In that case Sirius would automatically detect the new viewpoint, and depending on you exact setup use the newly created one to try to refresh the existing diagram, which can only result in a mess.

Regards,
Pierre-Charles

Pierre-Charles David - Obeo

Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: External Java Action Create Viewpoint Project [message #1823381 is a reply to message #1823346] Wed, 25 March 2020 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Pierre-Charles,

Thanks for your answer.

Probably that is the problem. The thing is that the created odesign has a different name.

I attached a code sample, Would please take a look at the code?

src-> source plugins
Viewpoint Specification Project = sample.project.design
sample.project.design.action.ExternalJavaAction1 -> Implementation of the external Java Action

runtime -> runtime environment
/runtime/sample.mm when you open the diagram right Menu Sample -> Sample (These steps are to execute the external java action)

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Anthony
Re: External Java Action Create Viewpoint Project [message #1823491 is a reply to message #1823381] Fri, 27 March 2020 10:37 Go to previous message
Hello,

I would really appreciate an answer on this topic. Could any of you debug the code? Let me know if I have to do anything else.

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Anthony
Previous Topic:Changing a diagram element's color without changing its model
Next Topic:Graphical elements extension to Sirius?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 13:18:02 GMT 2024