Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Any way to stop project properties page from resizing itself?
Any way to stop project properties page from resizing itself? [message #1823280] Tue, 24 March 2020 10:25
John McCabe is currently offline John McCabeFriend
I'm having trouble with project property settings on Eclipse 2020-03 on Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS); this 'feature' hasn't changed since 2019-12 etc. When I open a project's properties the dialog expands. For example, I have resized the dialog as in image1.png attached. I click on Apply and Close, then open the same project's properties and it looks like image2.png.

It seems to be something to do with the big box; in the "References" tab there are a load of projects in the list but the view jumps around annoyingly when I click on one (e.g. see image3.png - before clicking anywhwere and image4.png after clicking on the first item n the big box).As you can see, the choice of build configuration has disappeared off the top of the view, so I need to scroll the whole thing up to choose a different build configuration. This is especially annoying when it jumps up when I've pressed one of the buttons (mostly in the libraries/include paths view) as trying to press the same button again means having to move the mouse.

Does anyone know if:

1) This is a CDT problem, or a general Eclipse one, or an Eclipse on Ubuntu one (although I have a feeling it's the same on Windows)
2) Is there any way to stop this happening? I've searched through preferences for "resiz" but can't see anything useful.

Thanks

• Attachment: image1.png
    (Size: 230.94KB, Downloaded 103 times)
  • Attachment: image2.png
    (Size: 283.48KB, Downloaded 91 times)
  • Attachment: image3.png
    (Size: 358.87KB, Downloaded 95 times)
  • Attachment: image4.png
    (Size: 297.40KB, Downloaded 96 times)
Previous Topic:Is the references tab (C/C++ General) feature known to be seriously buggy?
Next Topic:Making a new launch configuration for every new piece of code?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 12:53:05 GMT 2024