Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Clickable error messages to console from my program(I have no idea how to describe this)
Clickable error messages to console from my program [message #1822658] Wed, 11 March 2020 00:20 Go to next message
joseph newcomer is currently offline joseph newcomerFriend
I notice that when I get errors in my program, the error message text (usually part of the stack trace) comes out in red, and the file:line comes out in blue. By clicking on the file:line , eclipse will open that file and go to that line.

I am working on the infrastructure for a big project, in which, to aid developers, I can issue error messages to the console referencing a particular file:line . I would like this information to be "clickable" as well.

Is it possible to do this, and if so, how? Note that I have trivially solved how to get the file:line information; I solved that months ago. What I want to do is make it clickable,
TIA
joe

[Updated on: Wed, 11 March 2020 00:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Clickable error messages to console from my program [message #1826141 is a reply to message #1822658] Mon, 20 April 2020 07:52 Go to previous message
Noopur Gupta is currently offline Noopur GuptaFriend
You can check "org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui.console.JavaStackTraceConsoleFactory" and the code around that from org.eclipse.jdt.debug.ui to add a console where stack traces can have navigable hyperlinks.
Previous Topic:Modify the Java Code Template in Wizard "New JUnit Test Case"
Next Topic:map.put( becomes map.compute()
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Oct 25 00:24:25 GMT 2020