Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Passing parameters from Maximo to eclipse BIRT report(Passing parameters from Maximo to eclipse BIRT report)
Passing parameters from Maximo to eclipse BIRT report [message #1822405] Thu, 05 March 2020 17:12
Arjun gi is currently offline Arjun giFriend
Hi,

Requirement:

I have a report in BIRT 4.3.1 version which runs for a workorder.
Workorder is selected from workorder tracking screen in Maximo (screenshot attached-'wo traking screen').

There is another parameter cocid which is not a mandatory field for user to select.

A workorder can have multiple cocids.

When user selects workorder, it should display all cocids for that workorder.
When user selects workorder and cocid, it should show data for cocid that is passed.

My approach:

I have added params[where] in my open script as +params[where].
It has default value ->
and 1=1 and workorder.wonum='1234567'

I created another parameter 'cocid' in the report and gave as below in Open script.

var COCID = new String();

if (params["COCID"].value){
COCID += " and " + MXReportSqlFormat.createParamWhereClause("zzdwbatch.cocid",params["COCID"]).replace("%", "").replace("like" , "=");
}

This is how I added it in Open Script sqltext

+ " AND " + params["where"]
+ COCID

In Report Administration, I gave relationship to cocid in attributes as in the screenshot(cocid) attached.

params[where] causes Maximo to append workorderid for the workorder selected.

Issue:
While running report, when I select workorder and do not pass cocid, it displays data for all workorders. The query generated by report does not have workorderid.

When I select workorder and pass cocid, data is shown for the cocid passed. When I checked the query generated by report, it does not have the workorderid for the workorder number passed. Query has the cocid.

When I removed cocid from the report and ran the report with just params[where] as parameter,
Query shows correct workorderid. Report display all cocids for that workorder.

My observation:
When we use both params[where] and cocid parameter, cocid overrides params[where] query.

Question:
Is it not possible to pass workorder from workorder tracking screen and another parameter from Report Administration screen?

I know we can add multiple parameters from Report Administration and it works fine. But I am not sure how we can handle a situation where I need to select a workorder from workorder tracking screen and another parameter from Report Administration screen.

Thanks in Advance
  • Attachment: cocid.jpg
    (Size: 60.36KB, Downloaded 85 times)
  • Attachment: WO screen.png
    (Size: 37.65KB, Downloaded 83 times)
  • Attachment: where.jpg
    (Size: 47.13KB, Downloaded 79 times)
Previous Topic:how to create one table with two master pages?
Next Topic:PDF Pagebreak Problems
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 14:32:10 GMT 2024