Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Exception when creating a new Representation
Exception when creating a new Representation [message #1822302] Tue, 03 March 2020 14:17 Go to next message
Matias Vara is currently offline Matias VaraFriend
Hello, I have the following Eclipse Runtime instances:
1. Eclipse with my .ecore
2. Eclipse with my .odesign
When I instance a third Eclipse Runtime and I try to create a new .aird. I got the following exception. In addition, I have to try create two empty .aird before the wizard is able to find the ViewPoints. This is also happening in the 2nd Eclipse Runtime.

Any comment about what it is going on is welcome.

Regards, Matias.

P.S.: This is Obeo Designer 11.3.0.

org.eclipse.emf.common.util.WrappedException: An exception was ignored during command execution
	at org.eclipse.emf.common.command.BasicCommandStack.handleError(BasicCommandStack.java:281)
	at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.handleError(AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.java:125)
	at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.execute(AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.java:229)
	at org.eclipse.sirius.ui.tools.internal.wizards.NewSessionWizard$SessionCreationOperation.execute(NewSessionWizard.java:259)
	at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.lambda$0(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:110)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2295)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.Workspace.run(Workspace.java:2322)
	at org.eclipse.ui.actions.WorkspaceModifyOperation.run(WorkspaceModifyOperation.java:131)
	at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.transaction.RollbackException: Validation failed with an exception
	at org.eclipse.emf.workspace.impl.WorkspaceCommandStackImpl.doExecute(WorkspaceCommandStackImpl.java:213)
	at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.execute(AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.java:165)
	at org.eclipse.emf.transaction.impl.AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.execute(AbstractTransactionalCommandStack.java:219)
	... 6 more
Re: Exception when creating a new Representation [message #1822334 is a reply to message #1822302] Wed, 04 March 2020 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Florian Barbin is currently offline Florian BarbinFriend
Hello,

The stack does not provide enough information to explain the issue. You have a first Eclipse workspace with your generated metamodel?
You have next en second runtime based on this first workspace with your viewpoint specification project (containing the odesign file), can you check if your metamodel plugins are properly loaded (Help > About > installation details > plugins)?
In your third runtime you should have your viewpoint specification project in the available plugins.

Regards,
Florian
Re: Exception when creating a new Representation [message #1822354 is a reply to message #1822334] Wed, 04 March 2020 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello Florian,

I checked the plugins and they are loaded. I wonder if there are some sort of conflict with other plugins. For example, I have some plugins from ARTOP. I have attached the full list of exceptions until the ViewPoints are deployed. This may help to identify the issue.

Regards, Matias.
  • Attachment: logs.txt
    (Size: 86.32KB, Downloaded 64 times)
Re: Exception when creating a new Representation [message #1822596 is a reply to message #1822354] Tue, 10 March 2020 11:41 Go to previous message
Hello,

I could worked around this issue by disabling the following plugins from artop:

org.artop.aal.examples.*
org.artop.ecu.examples.*

Regards, Matias.
Previous Topic:How can I force refresh Java service to reload it in Sirius?
Next Topic:Generating code with Acceleo from Sirius digram model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:40:02 GMT 2024