Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Get started questions about Java reverse engineering
Get started questions about Java reverse engineering [message #1822171] Fri, 28 February 2020 14:04
Steve Vestal is currently offline Steve VestalFriend
I created a Papyrus project alongside some existing Java projects. I created a class diagram. I was able to drag-and-drop a Java Class onto that, but when I did a drag-and-drop of a Java package (described in the online documentation, I am not sure that is up-to-date with my download a few days ago) I got a null pointer exception. Is there another workflow to get this done?

I created a state machine diagram and figured out how to associate class methods with transitions as call events. It would not just let me type in a name or label for a transition. Is that the expected usage?

A general question is, what tool features and user methods support maintenance of the model as the source code is edited? What features support merge of source code updates back into the reverse-engineered models? I did not find anything in the documentation about automated incremental updates to existing models. (I only want to model certain views of a legacy software architecture for documentation and review purposes, the source code will be the source-of-truth.)

When I exit eclipse (a child eclipse, I am running in an RCP plugin development environment), a number of exceptions occur. The first message is "Plug-in org.eclipse.papyrus.views.modelexplorer was unable to load class org.eclipse.papyrus.views.modelexplorer.handler.SortElementState", with null pointer and bundle exceptions. This happens when I exit eclipse, not when it launches, so not sure if there is any negative impact.
Previous Topic:Forum on Privacy and Data Protection Challenges in System Development
Next Topic:Validation not triggered in registered profile
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Jan 16 13:28:14 GMT 2021