Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » File System Directory container in Edit Source Lookup Path option is NOT WORKING
File System Directory container in Edit Source Lookup Path option is NOT WORKING [message #1822085] Thu, 27 February 2020 04:16 Go to next message
Rahul Sharma is currently offline Rahul SharmaFriend
I would like to report an issue regarding the inability to provide the source code which is contained in some directory by giving location to the directory using the "File System Directory" option under the "Edit Source Lookup path".

steps to reproduce:

1. create any C/C++ project and build the project.
2. put some breakpoint in order to debug the file and then start debugging.
3. while debugging just remove the source code file from this project and place it somewhere else.
4. Now source file is absent in the project. so it will ask "to Locate the file or edit the source lookup path to include its location" under the editor section.
5. On Choosing this:
Edit source lookup path --> Add ---> File System Directory

and providing the location of the directory having a source file. It is not able to load the source file.
but path mapping and Absolute File path option is working for me but this File system directory is not.

Kindly help me to get rid of this problem.
Re: File System Directory container in Edit Source Lookup Path option is NOT WORKING [message #1822124 is a reply to message #1822085] Thu, 27 February 2020 15:57 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
Were the non-working entries relative paths?
Using relative paths can be tricky since you need to know the current directory.
It's not always what you think it is.
Absolute paths are more straight forward and easier.

[Updated on: Thu, 27 February 2020 15:58]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:Project setup for navigating existing C/C++ code
Next Topic:Run error caused by mismatching brackets
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:25:41 GMT 2024