Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Target Management » How do I configure the port when configuring a new remote connection?(RSE Connection Configuration)
How do I configure the port when configuring a new remote connection? [message #1821910] Sat, 22 February 2020 18:55
Manuel Malagon is currently offline Manuel MalagonFriend
I'm trying to configure a remote connection to work on a project that is found on my remote server. I'm following these steps:

1. Select "Linux" as the Remote System Type
  2. Populate the "Host Name" and "Connection name" (enable the "Verify hostname checkbox")
  3. Select "ssh.files" on the Files configuration
  4. Select "processes.shell.linux" on the Processes configuration
  5. Select "ssh.shells" in the Shells configuration
  6. Then click "Finish"

But at any time I was given the option of selecting an ssh key instead of a password and most importantly, I was not given the option to configure the port. So when I try to connect, I need to input a password instead of my passphrase for my private key. I have password access as well so I enter that but after some seconds I get the error:

Failed to connect ssh on "myserver.com:22"

Of course, I get that because I was never given the option to configure the port and it is not port "22". If I do a right-click and the "properties" over the connection I see that it has a "Connection Services" section but I can't find the port configuration there either.

So, how do I configure the port? I refuse to think you can't configure the port, but why is it so hidden?
Previous Topic:Rational Devaloper for i - What is the .eclipse/RSE folder for?
Next Topic:Where to find the source code of RSE?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:36:27 GMT 2024