Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Memory Analyzer » Get list_objects in a custom mat report (Memory analyzer:Custom reports- get html report)
Get list_objects in a custom mat report [message #1821642] Tue, 18 February 2020 06:32 Go to next message
Mihir Solanki is currently offline Mihir SolankiFriend
Hello, I am trying to generate a HTML viewable report using the ParseHeapDump.bat file. I am able to the suspect , overview and top components report. I need to be able to browse the list_objects properties of the suspects in the same tree manner that is shown in the GUI (see image 1&2).

I tried to run it as a query like this:

query name="Dominator Tree">
		<command>dominator_tree</command>
		<command>list_objects</command>
</query>

This causes an error to be thrown which says parameter objects is required for list_objects. I have no idea how to pass this parameter, for example for java.lang or some other suspects. Please advice

Thanks!
  • Attachment: img1.png
    (Size: 178.06KB, Downloaded 428 times)
  • Attachment: img2.png
    (Size: 254.03KB, Downloaded 94 times)
Re: Get list_objects in a custom mat report [message #1821832 is a reply to message #1821642] Thu, 20 February 2020 20:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Johnson is currently offline Andrew JohnsonFriend
There is not a way to do this directly from the leak suspects report.

The list_objects command expects object addresses or class names or patterns or an OQL query but there isn't a way to extra that from the leak suspects report to add to a new report. To test the command line then use OpenQuery Browser > Search Queries to bring a up a command line where you can type:
list_objects 0x12345678
or
list_objects java.lang.*

If there isn't enough information in the report and it seems a general problem then in a future release we could enhance the suspect report.

I suppose you could parse the report yourself and run a new report with the extracted information. See https://wiki.eclipse.org/MemoryAnalyzer/Extending_Memory_Analyzer#Reports_in_Memory_Analyzer for how to write reports. You can pass in command line parameters as
-myparm=myvalue
which can then be read using
${myparm}
in the XML of a new report definition.
Re: Get list_objects in a custom mat report [message #1821915 is a reply to message #1821832] Sat, 22 February 2020 21:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Andrew Johnson is currently offline Andrew JohnsonFriend
I have made some changes under bug 287952 which should improve a leak suspect report for the particular situation in the example below and and give a list of those objects in the biggest instance list and a better reference pattern.

https://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=getfile&id=37394

Please give the latest snapshot build a try.

Re: Get list_objects in a custom mat report [message #1821938 is a reply to message #1821915] Mon, 24 February 2020 05:22 Go to previous message
Mihir Solanki is currently offline Mihir SolankiFriend
Thank you for the response Andrew. I'll try the snapshot build and also the custom reports method to try to get it to work.
Previous Topic:Query: Group By Value shows no values
Next Topic:Retained heap calculated incorrectly in dominator tree?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:57:42 GMT 2024