Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Build path is deleted without knowing
Build path is deleted without knowing [message #1821580] Sun, 16 February 2020 07:55 Go to next message
Anh Mai is currently offline Anh MaiFriend
Hi Eclipse community,
I use STEM Eclipse where I set up the development environment via steps in this link https://wiki.eclipse.org/STEM_Eclipse_Setup.

It works so far as long as I keep Eclipse on. But the moment I exit Eclipse and not using it for a long time (let's say 1 week or so) and then reopen the STEM Eclipse, all the project files and paths cannot be resolved.

I did a temporary fix by doing File->Import->General->Projects from Folder or Archive-> org.eclipse.stem folder

The same thing will happen again if I exit Eclipse.

Today, I did this temporary fix again and somehow some of the path cannot be resolved and I stucked. For example, in the attachment you can see that the "import org.eclipse.emf" cannot be resolved.

I doubt that the MacOS is doing some ICloud uploading on the class path that I am unaware of. But I have no controls over these things.

Anyone helps to suggest fixing the unresolved org.eclipse.emf first? I would appreciate a lot. Thank you in advance!
Re: Build path is deleted without knowing [message #1821594 is a reply to message #1821580] Mon, 17 February 2020 05:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I assume you installed a recent release of Eclipse, i.e., 2019-12? It looks likely perhaps the target platform has someone been corrupted. You can check what's in the target platform as in this part of the instructions:

https://wiki.eclipse.org/STEM_Eclipse_Setup#Apply_the_Target_Platform

Double click on the checked target platform and look at the Contents tab. Is org.eclipse.emf.common there? Does repeating step 7 (clean build), fix the compiler problems?

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: Build path is deleted without knowing [message #1821922 is a reply to message #1821594] Sun, 23 February 2020 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The error persists even I tried to clean and build all the projects. Here is the screenshot for the errors:
Re: Build path is deleted without knowing [message #1821923 is a reply to message #1821594] Sun, 23 February 2020 06:54 Go to previous message
I did a random temporary fix and I think the error will appear the next time I restart Eclipse. Here is how I did:
I went to the target platform selection and applied a different platform and then reapplied the correct target platform. Then the error went away.

Is there any ideas why this is the case?

[Updated on: Sun, 23 February 2020 07:07]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic:"Graphiti Diagram Editor" feature - no longer give access to .cpp file !!
Next Topic:no library path?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 10:56:06 GMT 2024