Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Using Javadoc on Processing Sketches (Javadoc quits with error on )
Using Javadoc on Processing Sketches [message #1821245] Fri, 07 February 2020 23:26 Go to next message
Missing name Mising name is currently offline Missing name Mising nameFriend
I am developing a Processing Sketch in Eclipse. I desire to use Javadoc for documenting it.

Javadoc quits with an error on valid code in a Processing sketch. The statement it objects to is:
import processing.*;

The error is:
C:\Projects\eclipse-workspace\Sensors\src\Sensors_Graph_pkg\Sensors_Graph_4_pde.java:15: error: package processing does not exist
import processing.*;
^
1 error

But this package does exist. I am able to execute the sketch. Why is it even important to Javadoc whether or not this package exists? All I want it to do is document my own code, and not anything else.

If I temporarily comment out that line it objects to Javadoc will complete the documentation, but the sketch will not run. I consider this to be an awkward work around for a problem I need solved.
Re: Using Javadoc on Processing Sketches [message #1821246 is a reply to message #1821245] Fri, 07 February 2020 23:38 Go to previous message
Stephan Herrmann is currently offline Stephan HerrmannFriend
First, javadoc is one of the few things that JDT simply invokes from JDK, so the errors you see are not raised by Eclipse but by the standard javadoc command.

Second, there could possibly be confusion about whether or not a given package exists. Per JLS, it needs at least one compilation unit declaring that package.

Lastly, of course failure to find (compilation units in) that package could still be due to incomplete classpath during analysis. To find out, we'd need to know more about your project layout (please don't assume knowledge about Processing Sketches).
Previous Topic:How to turn up off source cleanup in a code section?
Next Topic:Adding a new number format
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 04:52:06 GMT 2024