Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Scout » Keycloak authentication with scout?
Keycloak authentication with scout? [message #1821210] Fri, 07 February 2020 09:11 Go to next message
Unmil Karadkar is currently offline Unmil KaradkarFriend
Hi,
I am developing an app that needs to authenticate users via SSO id providers such as GitHub as well as our internal keycloak servers. The option seeems to be a separate client-side local login and a server to keycloak authentication channel, which I would like to avoid.

Any examples of a keycloak or SSO authentication or thoughts?

Thanks!

-unmil.
Re: Keycloak authentication with scout? [message #1821214 is a reply to message #1821210] Fri, 07 February 2020 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Patrick Baenziger is currently offline Patrick BaenzigerFriend
Hi there

I've just done the integration for a few different scenarios for a Scout application. So I can tell you what I've learned (although I can't share the code).

You have two different options depending on what your requirements are:

The easiest way is to use the adapter for your application server. If it works, the TrivialAccessController (which you probably have configured in your UiServletFilter) will recognize the Principal that the adapter has set and allow the access.
Please refer to the Securing Applications Guide for details.
You'll need to ensure that certain resources don't require authentication (See the exclusions also referenced in the initialization of the UiServlet).

If this doesn't suit your needs or you need to embed it into your application, you can do this by implementing one or more AccessControllers. This is more complex.
Check the implementation of the Keycloak Servlet-Adapters on GitHub, which should be the easiest to adapt (https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/adapters/saml/servlet-filter/src/main/java/org/keycloak/adapters/) to AccessControllers.
Probably, you'll also need to adapt the login page to initiate the GitHub auth ("Login with" button).

I hope this helps a bit :)

Patrick
Re: Keycloak authentication with scout? [message #1821233 is a reply to message #1821214] Fri, 07 February 2020 15:07 Go to previous message
Unmil Karadkar is currently offline Unmil KaradkarFriend
Thanks! That is a great response. I have some concrete places to start.
Previous Topic:Restoring closed form in panel navigation tree
Next Topic:How to Load data in batch into TableField
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 10:20:42 GMT 2024