Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Linking EVL script with metamodels
Linking EVL script with metamodels [message #1820864] Thu, 30 January 2020 17:52 Go to next message
Hyacinth Ali is currently offline Hyacinth AliFriend
I would like to use epsilon in my PhD research work. However, I currently have some challenges with its configuration in eclipse. Specifically, I would like to know how evl script recognizes metaclasses. With reference to the example in epsilon e-book (Inter-Model Consistency Checking Example, Page 77), which configuration(s) can enable the script to recognize the model : PM and PPM; and metaclasses: Process and ProcessPerformance? Please have a look at the attached image.

I tried to produce similar example by using two simple metamodels for class diagram and use case map. In addition, I created a plug-in project where I placed the evl file and added the two projects containing the metamodels to the dependencies (via the META-INF of the plug-in project). In the run configuration, I selected an instance model, uri, and metamodel of the class diagram under the tab "Models". Please see the attached image. However, running this gives me an error, Cannot find meta-class 'Person' in model 'classdiagram'. But the Person metaclass actually exist in the metamodel. I also registered all the metamodels (Register EPackages) before the configuration.

I would appreciate any assistance on how to carry out this configuration. My intention is to query different EMF models potentially from different metamodels by using evl. Suggestions are highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Hyacinth Ali
Re: Linking EVL script with metamodels [message #1821031 is a reply to message #1820864] Tue, 04 February 2020 16:43 Go to previous message
Sina MadaniFriend
Hi Hyacinth,

Please could you attach a reproducible example - i.e. the actual metamodels, sample models and EVL script?
I suspect you've misunderstood what the "name" field does in the configuration. If you have an expression like "PM!Process", you should name the model "PM".
Also, if you are going to be working with large models, the latest (Interim) version of Epsilon has significantly better performance than 1.5.

Thanks,
Sina
Previous Topic:ETL execution engine
Next Topic:Importing metamodels to epsilon program
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 23:13:48 GMT 2024