Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » How to find out if the application has been restarted?
How to find out if the application has been restarted? [message #1820856] Thu, 30 January 2020 14:48 Go to next message
Ulrich Scholz is currently offline Ulrich ScholzFriend
We're building an application in Java based on Eclipse. Its entry point implements IApplication. In some cases, we let Eclipse restart the application by returning the exit code IApplication.EXIT_RESTART.

We try to find out how to differentiate between the appliation being started initially and being restarted. One attempt was to alter the content of system property eclipse.exitdata accordingly, but the restart always uses the original command line options, not the changed ones.

What would you suggest?

org.eclipse.equinox.launcher 1.3.100v20150511-1540

Re: How to find out if the application has been restarted? [message #1820885 is a reply to message #1820856] Fri, 31 January 2020 07:23 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
We ran into similar "requirements" with Oomph. It seems to me that there is no persistent information you can store or put anywhere, other than the file system, for this purpose. So that's the solution we used, i.e., write something (in our case to a file in the instance location, i.e., in the workspace metadata for our plugin) to record the information we needed. We save their on shutdown and can look for it on startup, cleaning it up at that point... If your application doesn't have/use an instance location, you could use the configuration location...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Search window layout
Next Topic:ViewPointSelection unknown
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 03:01:25 GMT 2024