Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Visual Studio C++ compiler under Eclipse
Visual Studio C++ compiler under Eclipse [message #1819708] Tue, 21 January 2020 18:10 Go to next message
Roland Vincze is currently offline Roland VinczeFriend
Hello!

I'd like to use Eclipse, however my project has some external dependencies compiled in VS, and I just couldn't get it linked to GCC. Therefore, I would like to use the VS compiler under Eclipse.

I had problems since the beginning, but managed to specify the "include" folders so that there are no missing .h files. However, now I get a very dubious "cl : Command line error D8003 : missing source filename" error, which as far as I understood could be solved by changing the order of the arguments of cl.exe. I gave up after 1 hour of trying.

Is there a list of things I need to configure in order to this to work? Could someone give me some tips what to configure in Eclipse settings?

PS: I've seen another topic with the same problem, but it was from 2010, and it also didn't have any specifics on what to do.
Re: Visual Studio C++ compiler under Eclipse [message #1820610 is a reply to message #1819708] Thu, 23 January 2020 20:53 Go to previous message
David VavraFriend
The error message is peculiar to cl.exe.
It seems to commonly occur with mismatched quotes on the command line.
Suggest googling the error for a solution.
Previous Topic:To create a makefile from an existing Eclipse project.
Next Topic:need to create a new eclipse project with existing code to use qt .pro file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:17:35 GMT 2024