Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Polarsys » Capella workbench » N Square Analysis(Using Information in System Model for N Square Analysis)
N Square Analysis [message #1819501] Thu, 16 January 2020 11:58 Go to next message
Seon Tan is currently offline Seon TanFriend
Hi,

The system model in Capella has captured a lot of information about the functions and their relationship relative to each other. It is useful sometimes to perform N^2 analysis to check the coupling or "modularity" of the individual functions.

The N^2 analysis that I am performing requires the input and output function(s) in relation to each others, plotted in a matrix format.

When selecting a function in the Semantic Browser, I can access the incoming and outgoing functions of the selected function by looking at the Incoming Functional Exchanges and Outgoing functional Exchanges. The related functions are shown just below the Functional Exchanges.

However, I could not find this information when I tried to perform Mass Visualization, even in Expert mode. Could someone please advice a quick and fast way to export this information.

Many thanks.
Re: N Square Analysis [message #1819606 is a reply to message #1819501] Fri, 17 January 2020 23:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brandon BlauFriend
Totally agree - having this kind of compressed, condensed information exportable from the tool is paramount.
Re: N Square Analysis [message #1819607 is a reply to message #1819606] Sat, 18 January 2020 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Brandon BlauFriend
What I found as a solution was to rename the functional ports (FIP X/FOPX) prepended with the function name that owns it, the exporting from Mass Visualization View a table of only interfaces showing the Source Port and Target Port. This can be manipulated slighted in Excel to remote the FOP XX/FIP XX from the end of the source and target, toss that data into a Pivot table and youre set.

Another option is to make some quick python scripts to ingest the data and spit it out as appropriate.

Hope this helps.
Re: N Square Analysis [message #1819641 is a reply to message #1819607] Mon, 20 January 2020 08:19 Go to previous message
Seon Tan is currently offline Seon TanFriend
Hi Brandon,

Your work around will surely work. I was looking for a more elegant method. After all Capella has the information in the model already . Just a way of extracting it out quickly.

Cheers

Previous Topic:Acceleo in Capella 1.3.1 - "export to SLIM" missing
Next Topic:"Edit -> Copy" command is disabled
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 19:22:50 GMT 2024