Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Applying ETL on AIXM/AMXM models
Applying ETL on AIXM/AMXM models [message #1818349] Fri, 13 December 2019 08:08 Go to next message
Vlad Acretoaie is currently offline Vlad AcretoaieFriend
Hi,

I am investigating the use of Epsilon to implement a model-to-model transformation between instances of two large domain models from the aviation industry:

- AIXM: http://aixm.aero/
- AMXM: http://amxm.aero/

Both meta-models are available as Sparx Enterprise Architect models or XSD files. The source model for my transformation will be provided as an XML file conforming to the AIXM XSD, and the target must conform to the AMXM XSD.

Is it possible to use ETL on instances of these metamodels directly, or would I need a conversion tool to generate Ecore meta-models? If so, which conversion tool would be recommended?

Thank you,
Vlad Acretoaie

[Updated on: Fri, 13 December 2019 08:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Applying ETL on AIXM/AMXM models [message #1818364 is a reply to message #1818349] Fri, 13 December 2019 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dimitris Kolovos is currently offline Dimitris KolovosFriend

Hi Vlad,

It's nice to hear from you again! You should be able to use the "XML Document backed by XSD (EMF)" option in the models configuration dialog (you'll need to tick the "Show all model types" check box) but if you run into any trouble, please let us know.

Cheers,
Dimitris

[Updated on: Fri, 13 December 2019 11:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Applying ETL on AIXM/AMXM models [message #1818369 is a reply to message #1818364] Fri, 13 December 2019 11:52 Go to previous message
Vlad Acretoaie is currently offline Vlad AcretoaieFriend
Hi Dimitris,

Thank you, I'm glad to hear from you too! I will give it a try and come back if there any issues.

Cheers,
Vlad
Previous Topic:GMF+EVL problems
Next Topic:Creating a custom ANT task that extends ExecutableModuleTask
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 02:10:26 GMT 2024