Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Trace Compass » CPU usage view(Integration of custom trace type into CPU usage view)
CPU usage view [message #1817366] Thu, 21 November 2019 09:13 Go to next message
Zdeněk Ziegler is currently offline Zdeněk ZieglerFriend
I am currently working on integration of our traces into your CPU Usage view, because we have kind different trace events. I integrated our traces into this view but still I do not have fully correct results in chart and I am currently out of ideas.

So I would like to ask you whether there are some addition documents for this topic or anyone who can give me some advice. In user and developer guide are not much information how to implement or integrate this view for custom trace types.

Re: CPU usage view [message #1817685 is a reply to message #1817366] Wed, 27 November 2019 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Matthew Khouzam is currently offline Matthew KhouzamFriend

Hi Zdeněk,

To have the CPU usage view populated you need an event for the sched switch, as well as the CPU aspect (TmfCpuAspect) which is populated.

What kind of trace are you using? maybe the XML stub can be useful, if it's CTF it is actually very straightforward.

For the documents, take a look at https://archive.eclipse.org/tracecompass/doc/org.eclipse.tracecompass.doc.dev/Implementing-a-New-Trace-Type.html It may help. If anything is missing, maybe we can help, but it really helps to open bugs so these issues are not lost.

Thanks for asking! Hope this helps,
Matthew
Re: CPU usage view [message #1817949 is a reply to message #1817685] Tue, 03 December 2019 13:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hello,

thank you for your reply. In the end I figured it out.. I had to re-implement your CPU View using the inheritance (a lot of inheritance), but finally it looks like it works.

Now I have to solve problems regarding to our trace format within this analysis and view. It is much bigger and more complex compared to CTF.

Anyway I would like to ask you an another question... Is there any option to setup default width of given tree viewer in CPU Usage view? (See attached image)
My every try failed. I was able to set default width in case I opened new instance of CPU Usage view manually but If the view has been opened by TC (restart of TC and so on) the width has been reset.
Re: CPU usage view [message #1818122 is a reply to message #1817949] Fri, 06 December 2019 09:48 Go to previous message
In the end I figured it out by myself. I overrided TmfChartView.performAlign(int offset, int width) method as blank one and my problem was solved.

Would you please help me with another thing? I would like to implement new feature into TreeView part of CPU Usage. I want to have preselected specific items of tree. As it is shown (for example) in attached image. Any ideas, please?
Previous Topic:Help non-Linux/non-Java embedded C developer make use of Trace Compass
Next Topic:Main toolbar
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:36:21 GMT 2024