Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » JRE Oracle Corporation/13.0.1 is not supported, advanced source lookup disabled(Debugging not supported in Eclipse for Java)
JRE Oracle Corporation/13.0.1 is not supported, advanced source lookup disabled [message #1816189] Wed, 23 October 2019 11:12 Go to next message
Peter Newman is currently offline Peter NewmanFriend
I've just installed Java jdk-13.0.1 and Eclipse IDE for Java Developers 2019-09 R (4.13.0).

I'm getting the following error message in red when trying to debug an application:

"JRE Oracle Corporation/13.0.1 is not supported, advanced source lookup disabled."

I'm using a Mac running the latest Catalina OS if that's important.

I found a page in Eclipse indicating that I needed to apply the updates in 4.13-P-Builds, which was added as URL to the Available Software Sites in the Install/Update section of Eclipse's preferences; however, after installing an update from that page, I still have the problem.

I'm admittedly a newbie here, so I'd welcome some guidance.

I don't know whether this is important, but the above message indicates the JRE. Is there perhaps a local configuration issue in the sense that I should be using the JDK?

Thank you
Re: JRE Oracle Corporation/13.0.1 is not supported, advanced source lookup disabled [message #1816190 is a reply to message #1816189] Wed, 23 October 2019 11:17 Go to previous message
Sarika Sinha is currently offline Sarika SinhaFriend
Hi,
Yes, the Advanced Source Lookup was not supported in 4.13 release, it will be part of 4.14 M3 release.https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=551986

But the normal source lookup is available and this should not create any problem for the users.

Sarika Sinha
JDT Programmer
Previous Topic:"Null Deference" Vulnerability found in JarRsrcLoader.class
Next Topic:Eclipse compiler buggy? Brings error again and again
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 18:16:29 GMT 2024