Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Maven, Eclipse access to classes from dependency(Can't access classes from Maven)
Maven, Eclipse access to classes from dependency [message #1815849] Sat, 12 October 2019 19:02 Go to next message
Brian Jones is currently offline Brian JonesFriend
Hi,

It's my first go-around with Eclipse, Maven, and Java.

I've built a Maven Project with a dependency, which results in "BUILD SUCCESS" (right-click Project --> Run As --> Maven install). The POM shows the dependency, the dependency appears in the Package Explorer, and Maven Dependencies appear as a Library.

However, I can't seem to figure out how to use the classes from the dependency in my Java code.

I've tried "import com.aparapi.*" and various other import statements in my code, but Eclispse states that the import "cannot be resolved".

I've also tried Clean, Refresh, "Maven --> Update Project", and deleting the Project then re-importing as an existing Maven project.

I imagine this is a simple case of the import statement being incorrect, but I just can't figure out the correct one.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Best,
Brian.
Re: Maven, Eclipse access to classes from dependency [message #1815856 is a reply to message #1815849] Sun, 13 October 2019 06:10 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Are you using this?

https://www.eclipse.org/m2e/

Those tools help to configure the classpath used by the Maven project such that Eclipse's (JDT's) incremental compiler also knows the classpath as derived from the pom.xml dependencies.
Previous Topic:edi for assembler
Next Topic:Problem occured while invoking director
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Nov 15 15:38:19 GMT 2019