Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » Re-activate content assist after making a selection
Re-activate content assist after making a selection [message #1815757] Wed, 09 October 2019 21:23 Go to next message
Andrew Myers is currently offline Andrew MyersFriend
Hi,

Is it possible to trigger content assist a second time after the user has selected one of the choices?

For example I have created a scenario lilke the following

1. The user types a '<' and is presented with a list of HTML tags
  2. The user selects a tag
  3. I'd then like the auto assist to insert the tag name plus a space and then show a list of attributes to select from

I haven't been able to get this to work without making the user type that space themselves (eg. space have the space in getCompletionProposalAutoActivationCharacters)

So when I think I want is to autoactivate a second time on the user's selection. Is this possible?

Thank you,
Andrew.
Re: Re-activate content assist after making a selection [message #1815761 is a reply to message #1815757] Thu, 10 October 2019 05:40 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
I'm not sure how one would do that, but one thing you might try is sending the space key events to simulate the user having entered the space by calling org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.notifyListeners(int, Event) with the appropriate SWT event code, e.g., KeyUp/KeyDown and the appropriate information in the Event, which is a bit tricky, so you might want to listen for these events and see what information exactly is in the event when the user actually enters a space.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:best way to configure my project
Next Topic:Different splash screens
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:35:01 GMT 2024