Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Sequence diagrams: guided selection of operations?
Sequence diagrams: guided selection of operations? [message #1811153] Tue, 27 August 2019 17:27 Go to next message
Olivier Cailloux is currently offline Olivier CaillouxFriend
Dear Forum,

I see on several (old) videos (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qHctzrUl3I, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9DUHOr_ANA) that it seems (or used to be?) possible to let Papyrus help me choose an operation among the ones that make sense, when I create a message from an instance to another instance in a sequence diagram.

But when I create a Sequence diagram using Papyrus 2019-06 (4.12) and add a message between two instances, nothing happens, contrary to the video showing a dialog opening for selecting an operation; and when I afterwards use the Signature property in the newly created message, it lets me choose any operation, even among those that are not applicable to the instance receiving the message.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is it a feature that is known to not work in the current version?

Related question: if, before I create the message, I add an Action Execution Specification, and inside it, describe the action as being a certain operation call, can I make this automatically appear on the diagram? Currently I have to then manually add a message and specify again that the message is that same operation call, and nothing prevents me from making it a different operation call.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 August 2019 09:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Sequence diagrams: guided selection of operations? [message #1814009 is a reply to message #1811153] Sun, 01 September 2019 05:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard Freggi is currently offline Richard FreggiFriend
BUMP because I have the same question. The current implementation offers a list of recent choices but preview of all operations in the participant was better (in earlier versions, 3.x if I remember correctly)
Re: Sequence diagrams: guided selection of operations? [message #1814505 is a reply to message #1814009] Thu, 12 September 2019 12:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Joel Greenyer is currently offline Joel GreenyerFriend
BUMP,
just wanted to ask the same thing...
Re: Sequence diagrams: guided selection of operations? [message #1814649 is a reply to message #1814505] Mon, 16 September 2019 03:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Richard Freggi is currently offline Richard FreggiFriend
BUMP it's awfully quiet here....
Re: Sequence diagrams: guided selection of operations? [message #1814678 is a reply to message #1814649] Mon, 16 September 2019 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend

____  _    _ __  __ _____    _ 
 |  _ \| |  | |  \/  |  __ \  | |
 | |_) | |  | | \  / | |__) | | |
 |  _ <| |  | | |\/| |  ___/  | |
 | |_) | |__| | |  | | |      |_|
 |____/ \____/|_|  |_|_|      (_)

@Richard
Better ?

Re: Sequence diagrams: guided selection of operations? [message #1815733 is a reply to message #1814678] Wed, 09 October 2019 13:35 Go to previous message
Joel Greenyer is currently offline Joel GreenyerFriend
still no reaction?
Previous Topic:Papyrus and CDO
Next Topic:Impossible to make a constructor in a ClassDiagram
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Mon Dec 16 02:34:50 GMT 2019