Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Dynamically change the sequence of items in BIRT based on users preference(Need some scripts)
Dynamically change the sequence of items in BIRT based on users preference [message #1811095] Mon, 26 August 2019 18:34 Go to next message
Yang Liu is currently offline Yang LiuFriend
I'm using BIRT report designer v4.8 and trying to rearrange the sequence of Grids when displaying (or generating) the report based on users' selections.

For example, if I created a report having three sections, where each section is a Grid with a Table inside it, user1 may want it to be displayed as Section1, Section2, Section3, user2 may want it to be displayed as Section2, Section1, Section3, user3 may want it to be displayed as Section3, Section2, Section1, etc.

Can we achieve this by creating parameters and linking them to the Element ID and, using some scripts to reorder display/render sequence dynamically? Order some other methods to achieve this functionality? The rptdesign file is attached. Please help me resolve this urgent task. I will appreciate your help!
Re: Dynamically change the sequence of items in BIRT based on users preference [message #1811104 is a reply to message #1811095] Tue, 27 August 2019 03:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jerry Sheets is currently offline Jerry SheetsFriend
I have achieved something similar by building the report with all three sequences then using a parameter and the visibility attribute to determine which sequence to display on execution.
Re: Dynamically change the sequence of items in BIRT based on users preference [message #1811151 is a reply to message #1811104] Tue, 27 August 2019 16:26 Go to previous message
Yang Liu is currently offline Yang LiuFriend
Hi Jerry, thank you for sharing your idea! I've come up with that thought, but actually, it is not perfectly suitable for my case because in practice the report will have around 10 sections...which means a huge amount of combinations I should deal with, and if another section is added to the report, the number of combinations will increase exponentially. So I'm considering if we can achieve the same functionality programmatically or other methods...
Previous Topic:birt graph
Next Topic:Birt with code39 font not working in PDF output
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 05:53:03 GMT 2024