Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » QVT-OML » Problems when applying UML profile to an UML model(Profiling and stereotyping an UML model)
Problems when applying UML profile to an UML model [message #1810205] Sun, 04 August 2019 03:43 Go to next message
Daniel San Martín is currently offline Daniel San MartínFriend
Hello,

I am trying to add a profile and stereotypes to an UML model. The stereotypes extends uml Packages. There are 13 stereotypes of a certain domain.

My code applies the profile but it cannot apply the stereotypes. Furthermore, when the profile is applied, the new model contains 15 tags of "<AdaptiveSystemUMLProfile.." for each stereotypes.

So my questions are:

Is the stereotype model well represented?
Why does my transformation cannot apply the stereotypes?

I attached the UML profile called AdaptiveSystemProfile.uml, source model called ModelCode.uml the resulting model and the qvto transformation. The transformation applied just for two stereotypes (managed and managing).

Regards,

Daniel.

[Updated on: Sun, 04 August 2019 03:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems when applying UML profile to an UML model [message #1814615 is a reply to message #1810205] Fri, 13 September 2019 20:49 Go to previous message
Ed Willink is currently offline Ed WillinkFriend
Hi

Apologies for the very slow response.; the Thunderbird RSS feed only notified me an hour ago.

I am not at all clear what you are trying to do and with an example that is not a zipped repro project and appears to have many missing references, I do not have time to guess. I would have thought that you would use the UML Model Editor or Papyrus to add stereotypes.

If you need to use QVTo you should be aware that QVTo seems to have minimal profile/stereotype support so you need to use the UML2 Java API, which can be quite confusing even when used from Java.

Regards

Ed Willink
Previous Topic:UML activity diagram to Simulink
Next Topic:[QVTo] No constructor defined, using implicit constructor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 04:42:47 GMT 2024