Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Remote Application Platform (RAP) » How to extend the application classpath of the equinox-based RAP launcher
How to extend the application classpath of the equinox-based RAP launcher [message #1810002] Sun, 28 July 2019 18:19
Linuxhippy Mising name is currently offline Linuxhippy Mising nameFriend
Hi there,

Is there any way to extend the "classpath" the jvm is launched with when launching a RAP application from within eclipse using the "RAP Application"-Launcher? Currently it seems to be hardcoded to the equinox launcher plugin - all manual classpath options I try to configure under "VM Arguments" are silently ignored - and the "bootstrap" text field under settings is greyed out for Java9+.
Currently, I modified the equinox launcher jar to contain all libraries I would like to be contained in the classpath, which is of course an ugly hack.

Thank you in advance, Clemens

Some background:
In the past (java-8) we used the -Xbootclasspath option to make classes visible to the application that on the target are usually provided by tomcat (and therefore not managed by / known to OSGI). This was a work-arround, because the "-cp" option under "VM Arguments" is ignored. This worked rather well and allowed for consistent behaviour between our development environment (RAP application launcher based on equinox launcher) and the target machine (tomcat).

With Java-9+ classes on the bootclasspath no longer see classes inside non-base modules (in our case, the oracle jdbc driver does not see java.sql.Driver inside the java.sql module) - so that approach was gone . Furthermore, those libraries belong actually more on the classpath than the bootclasspath.

Previous Topic:UIThread sometimes remains alive after session is invalidated
Next Topic:Allineate RAP source with SWT [ GC.textExtent ]
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 11:27:00 GMT 2024