Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » How to trigger validation on children of the target class?
How to trigger validation on children of the target class? [message #1809082] Mon, 08 July 2019 14:12 Go to next message
Giray Ozel is currently offline Giray OzelFriend
Class A has one-to-many relationship with class B.

I have a semantic validation rule with an audit, which does something with all children and returns a boolean. Right now the target class of the rule is class B but I assume the audit expression is called for each instance of class B. But calling it just once would be enough in my case to find out the result for each instance of class B.

So, instead of having class B as the target of the validation rule, is it possible to have class A as the target and then display the result on every child? In this case a triangle on every class B instance if the expression returns false for that instance.
Re: How to trigger validation on children of the target class? [message #1809146 is a reply to message #1809082] Wed, 10 July 2019 07:46 Go to previous message
Florian Barbin is currently offline Florian BarbinFriend
Hello,

Unfortunately it is not possible to mix the validation target and the validation result.
If the target is class A, the validation decorator will be displayed only on class A. You have to choice between writing a validation rule for class B with an audit expression starting from this context or a validation rule for class A.

Florian
Previous Topic:How to create more than one instance in sirius through design
Next Topic:Remove label expression space for basic custom widget
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:37:38 GMT 2024