Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Need to "refresh" to add new binary
Need to "refresh" to add new binary [message #1808887] Thu, 04 July 2019 02:03 Go to next message
Helen Keller is currently offline Helen KellerFriend
OK, I admit defeat.
it is beyond my ability to figure out why and to correct this issue.
It is now beyond annoying - it grows to the point I have to close and reopen project to be able to run it.

It is simple - "Build Project" does exactly that - compile and links , hence builds a binary of the project.

The process fails to add the resulting binary into the "Project Explorer " pane under "binaries".

It ONLY fails in MY projects.
It works as expected building standard "Hello word" - never fails!
Until the new binary is added, using "refresh" the subsequent "run as (configuration )" is useless.

But it will never say " missing project" because it uses the older binary!

I am certain this problem stems from building my project over the years and using different versions of Eclipse in the process. But it has always been a problem and most of the time it goes away for no particular reason. Not this time.

BUT it works on new copy of the project, but only until
FIRST source code is changed,

I sure like to have permanent solution to it , but it HAS to be build "on top of my current project".
I was actually thinking of using combination of main project and current problematic child project as "dependent projects".

Size does not matter, I need a solution.

I am currently using the latest Eclipse CDT and have been using it without this problem for few months.

Any reasonable help will be greatly appreciated.

Re: Need to "refresh" to add new binary [message #1808923 is a reply to message #1808887] Thu, 04 July 2019 15:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tauno Voipio is currently offline Tauno VoipioFriend
Are you running on Windows, and the old version of the code still running at the time of the build of the new?

Windows refuses to update the run file as long as it is running.

--

Tauno Voipio
Re: Need to "refresh" to add new binary [message #1808938 is a reply to message #1808923] Thu, 04 July 2019 17:30 Go to previous message
Helen Keller is currently offline Helen KellerFriend
No, always been using Linux.
Just to add - in case it does relate.

When I "copy /paste" perfectly working project in same workspace the "Run configuration" looses all older and current TCF settings.
I can add new TCF configuration with no problem. Never seen this before.
Previous Topic:ARM Debugging in Eclipse OSX!!!
Next Topic:compiling and running c++ functions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 07:35:56 GMT 2024