Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » Eclipse won't start. Display must be created on main thread due to Cocoa restrictions(Eclipse won't start. Message: Display must be created on main thread due to Cocoa restrictions)
Eclipse won't start. Display must be created on main thread due to Cocoa restrictions [message #1808698] Fri, 28 June 2019 17:57 Go to next message
Karen Law is currently offline Karen LawFriend
Eclipse won't start this morning. When running from terminal, I get
***WARNING: Display must be created on main thread due to Cocoa restriction. Use vmarg -XstartOnFirstThread
Using this option didn't help. It was working up until I closed eclipse app yesterday. Tried -clean, -initialize options, neither work. Please help. It seems people had encountered this problem before, but one posting said use the option which still doesn't work for me and another positing has no reply or followup. I also updated openjdk, same result.
Re: Eclipse won't start. Display must be created on main thread due to Cocoa restrictions [message #1808701 is a reply to message #1808698] Fri, 28 June 2019 18:26 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
Which version of Eclipse do you have installed? Which version of Java is it using? I can guess you're on the Mac because of the Cocoa comment, but the "WARNING" sounds like just a warning. What actually happens? The application dies? It hangs? I assume it's launching with a workspace, so the contents of the <workspace>/.metadata/.log would be good to shared. Delete it first before trying to launch again so that it only shows new problems. Also try to launch with a different (fresh new) workspace. You can always import the project from the old workspace...

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:How to use conditional breakpoint in Eclipse?
Next Topic:let Maven resolve the TargetPlatform
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 07:04:18 GMT 2024