Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » Java Development Tools (JDT) » How to use conditional breakpoint in Eclipse?
How to use conditional breakpoint in Eclipse? [message #1808365] Sat, 22 June 2019 04:40 Go to next message
Alethea Burris is currently offline Alethea BurrisFriend
I want to know how to place a conditional breakpoint in Eclipse. I have a code like:

public static void doForAllTabs(String[] tablist){
    for(int i = 0; i<tablist.length;i++){
-->        doIt(tablist[i]);
    }
}

Now I want to put a breakpoint on the line with the arrow but want it to trigger only if:

tablist[i].equalsIgnoreCase("LEADDELEGATES");
Re: How to use conditional breakpoint in Eclipse? [message #1808488 is a reply to message #1808365] Tue, 25 June 2019 14:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
You should be able to use that expression (without the semicolon) in the breakpoint's conditional expression multi-line entry field, which is enabled only when you check the "Conditional" checkbox when editing the properties of the breakpoint.

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Re: How to use conditional breakpoint in Eclipse? [message #1808509 is a reply to message #1808488] Wed, 26 June 2019 04:32 Go to previous message
Sarika Sinha is currently offline Sarika SinhaFriend
You can also checkout help https://help.eclipse.org/2019-06/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.jdt.doc.user%2Ftasks%2Ftask-manage_conditional_breakpoint.htm

Sarika Sinha
JDT Programmer
Previous Topic:Type Inference bug?
Next Topic:Eclipse won't start. Display must be created on main thread due to Cocoa restrictions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:15:00 GMT 2024