Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Papyrus » Model2Doc? -- Papyrus 4.4.0 Release Review
Model2Doc? -- Papyrus 4.4.0 Release Review [message #1808255] Thu, 20 June 2019 14:24 Go to next message
Carsten Pitz is currently offline Carsten PitzFriend
Hi,

according to the Eclipse Papyrus 4.4.0 Release Review (https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/modeling.mdt.papyrus/reviews/4.4.0-release-review) Papyrus 4.4.0 will introduce a document generator named Model2Doc.

I currently use Eclipse GenDoc to generate documentation based on Papyrus models. I am also aware of M2Doc by OBEO. But Model2Doc is absolutely new to me. Beside this I was so far unable to find any information on Model2Doc beside bug reports and the GIT repository.

So my questions are
What is Model2Doc about?
Is Model2Doc intended to obsolete GenDoc?

Best regards,
Carsten
Re: Model2Doc? -- Papyrus 4.4.0 Release Review [message #1808427 is a reply to message #1808255] Mon, 24 June 2019 12:11 Go to previous message
Vincent Lorenzo is currently offline Vincent LorenzoFriend
Hi Carsten,
Model2Doc is a new framework developed by the Papyrus team. We don't yet communicate on it, because it was plan for Papyrus 4.4.0, but it is not yet released.
I just filled the form to propose a talk about it to EclipseCon Europe, so I copy my description of the tool here:

Quote:
Papyrus-Model2Doc is an EMF-based document generator for EMF models. To enhance the user experience compared to existing document generation frameworks, the proposed approach is fully model-based while separating the concerns of (1) how the source model is visited, and (2) what is the content of the generated document. Two EMF models are used to provide the description of these two concerns. A documentation-oriented metamodel allows the document-generator specifier to choose what to generate (titles, tables, lists, images for GMF Diagram, insertion of preexisting file...). The generation is done in two steps. The first one create a EMF Tree View of the structure of the final document and the second one, is the generation in the expected document format (currently this generator only target the LibreOffice format (odt file), but other output format can easily be developed).

If you are interested, you can vote for this talk here https://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2019/sessions/papyrus-model2doc-model-driven-document-generator-emf-models

Best Regards,
--
Vincent
Previous Topic:several stereotypes with this feature are applied...
Next Topic:Papyrus SysML Tutorial (version 0.1.2)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 16:02:57 GMT 2024