Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Modal Windows Javafx(Can not switch windows)
Modal Windows Javafx [message #1808250] Thu, 20 June 2019 09:51 Go to next message
Mike Bray is currently offline Mike BrayFriend
I have a textfield that when clicked opens up a window with items to choose. This window is defined as Application_Modal. The test I have uses ub_grc_click to click the field, this times out with 'Timeout received before confirming the posted event' I assume it is waiting for the modal window to close before it completes the test.

Is there a different test I can use that will submit a click and switch to the modal window?

Mike Bray
Re: Modal Windows Javafx [message #1808319 is a reply to message #1808250] Fri, 21 June 2019 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mike Bray is currently offline Mike BrayFriend
Update:

Having worked out how Jubula seems to work I think there are two ways to do this. One is to not use modal windows and design your application to handle the modality. Or use Platform.runlater when displaying the modal window. This will release the Javafx thread which means Jubula can react to the test and then display the window. I have not tried the latter. The first one works.

Even so it does mean that when writing your app you have to take into consideration how you will test it.

Mike Bray
Re: Modal Windows Javafx [message #1808460 is a reply to message #1808319] Tue, 25 June 2019 06:14 Go to previous message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
Hello Mike,
the Platform runlater is indeed a proper solution for this.
Jubula tries to verify if its click has really gotten to the component. But sometimes the event does not get back to Jubula (but the click is executed)(also this is not only the case for clicks but for all kind of inputs). There is also a workaround from our side for this. You can set the property "TEST_RC_IGNORE_TIMEOUT" with the value true to the start of the Application. Than all 'Timeout received before confirming the posted event' timeouts are ignored.

best regards
Marvin Mueller
Previous Topic:Extending Jubula
Next Topic:Stuck at the Starting Line
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:52:23 GMT 2024