Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Data on Footer of Master Page - Group By comes from Layout(I need some help to create a footer with dynamic data.)
Data on Footer of Master Page - Group By comes from Layout [message #1807659] Wed, 05 June 2019 18:10 Go to next message
Nicolas del Rio is currently offline Nicolas del RioFriend
Hello all!,
First of all, thank you very much for the help.

I have a report with a Table on the layout, and it is grouped under a data, example orderkey. Based on that, I need to generate a bar code in the footer of the report.

If I add the dataSetRow this is shown without problems but the bad thing is that it loses the grouping. For example, if I take out 5 sheets, the code of the first orderkey appears on all the sheets.

My question is if there is a way to generate the datasetrow in the footer of the masterpage but grouped to the orderkey of the layout.

Am I being clear? I'm i using Eclipse 4.3.2 for reports that are implemented in birt 4.2.1

Thanks!!!
Best regards.
Re: Data on Footer of Master Page - Group By comes from Layout [message #1808589 is a reply to message #1807659] Thu, 27 June 2019 11:44 Go to previous message
Nicolas del Rio is currently offline Nicolas del RioFriend
OK, I have advanced with the tests and the best option was to create page variables.
For example, I create the variable CurrentOrder and then set it in the onPageBreak event (it is one of the few events that brought me data) of the table that groups in the Layout with the following code:

reportContext.setPageVariable("CurrentOrder", row["Order"]);

But this brings me the grouping next to the one shown in the layout. Clearly something I am doing wrong.

The only way that seems to work is to load the data by putting the code in the OnPageBreak event:

reportContext.setPageVariable("CurrentOrder", value);

But this forces me to insert the required data in the masterpage somewhere on the layout.
Any ideas? Thanks!
Previous Topic:Need help in showing dynamic image in single row
Next Topic:set a dynamik Interval for the x-Aixs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Mar 19 11:21:59 GMT 2024