Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Sirius » Custom ELK algorithm with Sirius in Custom Eclipse IDE strange behavior(Shapes do not respond to algotithm if they get first moved around manually)
Custom ELK algorithm with Sirius in Custom Eclipse IDE strange behavior [message #1807449] Thu, 30 May 2019 11:32 Go to next message
Enrico Vincenzi is currently offline Enrico VincenziFriend
Hello,

I'm trying to use my own ELK algorithm in Sirius.

The algorithm works just fine if used with freshly generated objects. But once I move manually one of them it doesn't respond anymore to the "arrange all" call. This doesn't happen inside OBEO 6.11 but only if Sirius is installed on Eclipse platform or SDK through either market or update site.

The shapes are all containers.

These are the combination I tryed:

- Eclipse SDK 4.8 + Sirius 6.12 installed through market
- Eclipse platform 4.9 + Sirius 6.12 installed through market
- Eclipse platform 4.11 + Sirius 6.2
- Eclipse platform 4.11 + Sirius 6.12
- Eclipse platform 4.11 + Sirius 6.12 installed through market

In all cases Sirius ELK integration is used.

The behavior appears to be always the same.
The only way to get it to work properly is going through OBEO 6.11

The output of my algorithm in debug is always the same (I kept the same graph with the same elements) and there are no errors or messages in the console.
Going a bit deeper it seems that the command returned by layoutEditParts in ELKLayoutNodeProvider class is fine.

Could it be some missing dependency? Is somenthing required that is not included in Sirius update-site itself?

Thanks,
Enrico
Re: Custom ELK algorithm with Sirius in Custom Eclipse IDE strange behavior [message #1807551 is a reply to message #1807449] Mon, 03 June 2019 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Pierre Guilet is currently offline Pierre GuiletFriend
Hi,

By default moving a diagram element manually will pin it. So it will not moved when arranged automatically.
Unpin the element (right click->layout->unpin element) and try again the arrange all, it should work.
Also there is a preference to disable automatic pin of moved element. See https://www.eclipse.org/sirius/doc/user/diagrams/Diagrams.html#Pinunpinactions

Regards,

Pierre Guilet - Obeo
Need training or professional services for Sirius?
http://www.obeodesigner.com/sirius
Re: Custom ELK algorithm with Sirius in Custom Eclipse IDE strange behavior [message #1807584 is a reply to message #1807551] Tue, 04 June 2019 09:14 Go to previous message
Enrico Vincenzi is currently offline Enrico VincenziFriend
Hello Pierre,

You are absolutely right! I completely forgot about that.

Thanks a lot.
Enrico
Previous Topic:Element Based Edge Not show the line
Next Topic:ELK algorithm selection in containers
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 10:45:35 GMT 2024