Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » GDB version compatibility with Eclipse
GDB version compatibility with Eclipse [message #1807212] Fri, 24 May 2019 16:29 Go to next message
Deepak Jain is currently offline Deepak JainFriend
Environment:
I am using Eclipse Oxygen CDT for debugging a remote target. The GDB I am using is version 7.5.1 cross compiled for powerpc architecture. I have written my own gdbserver implementation to communicate with host GDB.

Problem:
I am facing some glitches while debugging, such as eclipse hangs when I resume a process in non-stop mode, GDB/MI preferences not shown in preferences window etc.

What I doubt now is whether my GDB v7.5.1 is compatible with eclipse oxygen or not. I searched all over the eclipse websites, there is no mention of compatibility between GDB and eclipse releases.

Also, does CDT come with an inbuilt GDB which I can use ?
Re: GDB version compatibility with Eclipse [message #1807236 is a reply to message #1807212] Sat, 25 May 2019 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Deepak Jain is currently offline Deepak JainFriend
I am already using my GDB the same way as you mentioned.

Once all configuration is in place and I start debugging, eclipse crashes when I resume a thread.

Also, just today I noticed that eclipse doesn't crash if I am using eclipse Neon instead of Oxygen. That has further confirmed my doubt that eclipse oxygen and GDB 7.5.1 may not be compatible with each other.

What I am looking for is reference to find out what version of GDB eclipse oxygen supports.
Re: GDB version compatibility with Eclipse [message #1807423 is a reply to message #1807236] Wed, 29 May 2019 15:48 Go to previous message
ios man is currently offline ios manFriend
when I resume a process in non-stop mode, GDB/MI preferences not shown in preferences window etc. What I doubt now is whether my GDB v7.5.1 is compatible with eclipse oxygen or not.
Previous Topic:Need command line utility to create a C/C++ Make file project with existing code
Next Topic:Stuck stepping code in disassembly only
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:50:45 GMT 2024