Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » TMF (Xtext) » Using Xtext Parser/Java Models in Server Side (Spring Boot) App
Using Xtext Parser/Java Models in Server Side (Spring Boot) App [message #1807105] Wed, 22 May 2019 16:08 Go to next message
Santhosh Kumar is currently offline Santhosh KumarFriend
We have a requirement to parse a language modeled using Xtext in Server side (typical Spring boot app) and get access to model elements.

Is there any example of achieving this? What I seen so far that Xtext parser needs access to Eclipse osgi bundles so just trying here and see if you have any example of making that work.

If that approach is not going to work, can we use the Antlr4.g file generated by Xtext during compilation and use that file to generate models/parser that could be used in the server?

Thank you for taking time to respond.

[Updated on: Wed, 22 May 2019 16:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Using Xtext Parser/Java Models in Server Side (Spring Boot) App [message #1807106 is a reply to message #1807105] Wed, 22 May 2019 16:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Christian Dietrich is currently offline Christian DietrichFriend
I cannot follow The xtext Wizard has options for maven and gradle and ist perfectly usable standalone

Twitter : @chrdietrich
Blog : https://www.dietrich-it.de
Re: Using Xtext Parser/Java Models in Server Side (Spring Boot) App [message #1807107 is a reply to message #1807106] Wed, 22 May 2019 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karsten Thoms is currently offline Karsten ThomsFriend

Most of Xtext can be used without OSGi. Of course you need Eclipse libraries, but that does not mean that they need an OSGi runtime. Have a look at the Pariser unit test generated by the wizard.
Re: Using Xtext Parser/Java Models in Server Side (Spring Boot) App [message #1807108 is a reply to message #1807106] Wed, 22 May 2019 16:34 Go to previous message
Santhosh Kumar is currently offline Santhosh KumarFriend
I never noticed that. Just tried a sample project and it is generating a jar file. I will try to deploy to server and see if it works end to end.

Thank you.
Previous Topic:How to resolve terminal conflict
Next Topic:Separate java application that parses a file
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 10:35:46 GMT 2024