Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Newcomers » Newcomers » installing on Win10 with Java version 8 but installer could not find java
installing on Win10 with Java version 8 but installer could not find java [message #1806918] Fri, 17 May 2019 14:58 Go to next message
Jorge Valles is currently offline Jorge VallesFriend
I am trying to install the Eclipse 2019-03, before that I installed Java runtime environment 1.8.0_211. So when clicking on the eclipse installation file "eclipse-inst-win64.exe" it open a web page indicating "The java verion needed to run Eclipse installer couldn't be found on your system. You need the following version or a higher version Java 1.7.0 (64Bit)"
Just to confirm I had already installed the java, i go to the command prompt and typed "java -version" which confirmed I had already version 1.8.0.

So trying the eclipse installation only go to that webpage.

I am currently downloading the "jdk-12.0.1_windows-x64_bin.exe" hoping that will solve the issue.

Update:
JDK-12.0.1 .... also did not solved the issue. However, downloading the "eclipse-inst-win64.exe" again but from the webpage when trying to run the original one, it actually worked.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 May 2019 19:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: installing on Win10 with Java version 8 but installer could not find java [message #1806931 is a reply to message #1806918] Sat, 18 May 2019 03:05 Go to previous message
Ed Merks is currently offline Ed MerksFriend
The first problem I expect could only happen if you have a 32 bit Java installed. If your Java is installed under C:\Program Files (x86) it's no doubt a 32 bit version and you definitely need a 64 bit version.

The other problem is that as of Java 11, Oracle registers the JDK under a different key in the registry than it did previously, so the installer doesn't find it. That's fixed in the latest installer:

http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/oomph/products/eclipse-inst-win64.exe

Ed Merks
Professional Support: https://www.macromodeling.com/
Previous Topic:Eclipse Installer issue
Next Topic:Oxygen and High Sierra
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:13:36 GMT 2024