Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Modeling » Epsilon » Run EOL Standalone example(How to run the EOL standalone example and documentation)
Run EOL Standalone example [message #1806895] Fri, 17 May 2019 08:42 Go to next message
Baye Samba is currently offline Baye SambaFriend
Hello,

I am new to Epsilon. I am trying to run the org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone. In the documentation, they say to run the .launch file but there isn't any. I couldn't find any informations about it.

Can you tell me how to run the EOL standalone example and how to transform a project with many EOL files in a standalone one?

Thanks.
Re: Run EOL Standalone example [message #1807005 is a reply to message #1806895] Tue, 21 May 2019 08:39 Go to previous message
Luca Berardinelli is currently offline Luca BerardinelliFriend
Hi Baye,
did you check this link?
https://www.eclipse.org/epsilon/examples/index.php?example=org.eclipse.epsilon.examples.standalone

You can find all the example you need in the epsilon git repo
https://git.eclipse.org/c/epsilon/org.eclipse.epsilon.git/

A .launch configuration is just a XML document that saves your Run Configuration in Eclipse.

You can select your .eol file (or any other executable file)
    Right Click
    Run As..
    Run Configurations
    Create a new Run Configuration (details depends on the file you want to execute)
    Select the Common , the rightmost tab in the windows
    Choose shared file option
    Click Apply

The launch configuration file (.launch) will be saved

Finally, you can run all the .eol files you want using the import statement or following the java example in the git repo.
You should download and read the epsilon book and/or check the you tube videos that show Epsilon in action.
Good luck

Luca Berardinelli
Previous Topic:Ask for participating in a survey on "Symbolic Execution of ETL Transformations"
Next Topic:create/extend custom annotation
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 01:00:44 GMT 2024