Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » EclipseLink » Parameters for Shrinking Connection Pool Size
Parameters for Shrinking Connection Pool Size [message #1806852] Thu, 16 May 2019 10:56 Go to next message
Narunart Kitiyakara is currently offline Narunart KitiyakaraFriend
I have an application that does its database activity in infrequent bursts, so I'd like it to use a reasonably large connection pool when it gets one of those bursts but close the database connections after some amount of time that I still need to decide on. (At present, it appears to be holding the connections open forever and starving other, non-Java, processing of connections.) Is there some way to configure how long the internal connection pool holds a connection open (beyond those specified by the connection-pool.min property)? Or do I need to switch to an external connection pool that does support that kind of thing? Thanks.
Re: Parameters for Shrinking Connection Pool Size [message #1807364 is a reply to message #1806852] Tue, 28 May 2019 15:21 Go to previous message
Chris Delahunt is currently offline Chris DelahuntFriend
If there is inactivity, you would need some timer to periodically check for unused connections and close them if opened longer then a set time. EclipseLink's pool does not have processes spawned to monitor connections within the pool, so the best option would be to use an external datasource class.
Previous Topic:Some questions about JAXB bindings.
Next Topic:ValidationException
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 03:46:30 GMT 2024