Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » Jubula » Selecting javafx tableview row(Mapping tests to Javafx app)
Selecting javafx tableview row [message #1806599] Sat, 11 May 2019 10:57 Go to next message
Mike Bray is currently offline Mike BrayFriend
My application has a number of panes in the scene. Each pane has a tableview to display the data. When I click on one row the other panes are updated to reflect the selected row. When setting up my tests I am using <ub_grc_click> as the test step.

When I try to map the component using the ObjectMapper I click on a the row in the app and the green border is on the tableview not the row.

Is there a way of selecting a particular row in the test step?

Mike Bray
Re: Selecting javafx tableview row [message #1806645 is a reply to message #1806599] Mon, 13 May 2019 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Marvin Mueller is currently offline Marvin MuellerFriend
There are specific actions for tables, which should be used instead of trying to directly select the row. Fore example the action "ub_tbl_selectCell" or "ub_tbl_selectValueFromColumn" can be used to select specifc values out of the table.

We are using the concept that you can map the higher level component (the Table) and can than execute e.g. use verify or select actions.

best regards
Marvin Mueller
Re: Selecting javafx tableview row [message #1806660 is a reply to message #1806645] Mon, 13 May 2019 12:29 Go to previous message
Mike Bray is currently offline Mike BrayFriend
Thank you for the reply. I found it by trial and error and am now trying out various tests. Unfortunately my app has HBox and VBox panes within cells that contain multiple fields. I would like to specifically address those fields but I will see what I can do. At the moment I am using 'matches' on the value operator to find specific text/

It is quite a steep learning curve down at the technical level, however, the construction of test cases is very easy and intuitive.

Mike Bray
Previous Topic:Add/develop new Action
Next Topic:Libraries
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 09:32:43 GMT 2024