Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Language IDEs » C / C++ IDE (CDT) » Can you tell me what is your developing environment ?
Can you tell me what is your developing environment ? [message #1806258] Tue, 07 May 2019 06:51
jason jacob is currently offline jason jacobFriend
I am switching text editors and IDEs, but I didn't find any fully featured IDEs that are not memory hogs. I am using linux and Windows, dual boot setup. I know about the power of Visual Studio Ide, I use it for larger projects, but I haven't found any good linux IDEs/text editors that are good in terms of speed, formatting tools, highlighting, autocompletition. I must say that I am familiar with most of the IDEs that are out there. Clion is a good alternative, but such a memory hog, gigantic. Any suggestion is welcome. I prefer something that allows me to build and run plain cpp files, no projects, or something I can open a terminal from. Thank you for your time Straight to the point : I want an IDE/text editor for fast c++ programming, I am a student, just learning new stuff, algorithms, nothing complex

Previous Topic:Running and debugging an MPI application
Next Topic:error debug
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 19:48:46 GMT 2024