Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Archived » BIRT » Undesired Excel column merging in v4.7(Unexpected different Excel column merge behavior with newer version of BIRT)
Undesired Excel column merging in v4.7 [message #1806234] Mon, 06 May 2019 16:05
James Clark is currently offline James ClarkFriend
I have an embedded BIRT report under Eclipse which provides the Excel output attached. Multiple pages appear in one sheet (tab) and the columns in the BIRT report appear in separate columns in the spreadsheet, as you would expect. This is with BIRT version 4.2.2 with output in *.xls format.

I want to upgrade to BIRT version 4.7 so that I may output my report in *.xlsx format. So now with the same Java code on the same report, the pages appear in separate sheets (even though options.setEnableMultipleSheet(false), so I don't understand this option). And the individual BIRT table columns are merged together, as shown in screen shot. WTF? This makes no sense to me.

Can someone suggest how I can get back the original desired behavior in my report?

Here's the pertinent Java code fragment to set up the emitter:
EXCELRenderOption options = new EXCELRenderOption();
options.setEnableMultipleSheet(false);
options.setOutputFileName(outputfilename);
options.setOfficeVersion("office2016");
options.setWrappingText(true);
options.setOutputFormat("xlsx");
task.setRenderOption(options);
Previous Topic:unable to print hindi font in birt pdf in window by using Birt Runtime jar lib
Next Topic:Upgrade Eclipse Birt Runtime License From EPL 1.0 To EPL 2.0
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 14:03:26 GMT 2024