Skip to main content

Eclipse Community Forums
Forum Search:

Search      Help    Register    Login    Home
Home » Eclipse Projects » Eclipse Titan » How to receive input(charstring) from USB serial Port(Windows cygin based Eclipse-Titan. Writing a string to usb port works.)
How to receive input(charstring) from USB serial Port [message #1806068] Thu, 02 May 2019 06:44 Go to next message
Anupam Rajanish is currently offline Anupam RajanishFriend
Hi, I am working on a ttcn3 project on Windows based On Cygwin, where i can write and read a CharString to and from a USB Serial Port on my PC. The write operation works. I am able to configure the port and the sending happens. The usb is connected to an MCU and the TX/RX are in loopback, so there should essentially be a read event too. However the read operation doesnt occur, and i dont understand why. The TTCN, the port files and the read and write modules are attached.
Re: How to receive input(charstring) from USB serial Port [message #1806362 is a reply to message #1806068] Wed, 08 May 2019 07:40 Go to previous message
Lenard Nagy is currently offline Lenard NagyFriend
Hi Anupam,

From the information You have provided I see that in the function "user_map(...)" Handler_Add_Fd_Read(device_fd); is called. Without this Titan will not be notified of any incoming event on the port.

Also, there's already a Serial port implementation for Titan, it can be used with USB devices, please check here:
https://git.eclipse.org/c/titan/titan.TestPorts.Serial.git

Cheers,
Lenard
Previous Topic:Eclipse Titan, Cygwin, EPLv2 and GPL
Next Topic:Using TITAN for a LED game :)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Jul 12 14:16:08 GMT 2020